AI forum assist Search, summarize, and draft without leaving the discussion.

Learning Twi-gctid226684

Started by Cosmos Manu, Mar 28, 2017, 04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmos Manu

Twi word for referee

Sent from my Infinix_X521 using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app

Agya Yaw

QuoteCosmos Manu;226684 wrote: Twi word for refree

Sent from my Infinix_X521 using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app
Do you mean referee?

Sent from my LG-K428 using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app

Cosmos Manu


Agya Yaw

QuoteCosmos Manu;226686 wrote: Yes

Sent from my Infinix_X521 using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app
akuturukubɔ is the word I believe.

Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé

QuoteAgya Yaw;226691 wrote: akuturukubɔ is the word I believe.
@Agya Yaw, that's boxing. Anane (2000:319) has ɔhwɛfoɔ and ɔsɛntwamufoɔ. Ɔpatafoɔ could also work as the referee for akuturukubɔ 'boxing'

Sent from my Uhuru Note using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app
__________

Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD
Nana Kwame Pɛbi Date I, Ban mu Kyidɔmhene, Akuapem Mampɔn
Senior Research Fellow & Research Coordinator - Language, Literature and Drama Section
Institute of Kmtyw Studies - College of Humanities
Editor-in-Chief - Ghana Journal of Linguistics
Secretary (2015-2020) - Kmtyw Studies Association of Kmt
+233249195150 / +19192836824 | me@obadelekambon.com
www.obadelekambon.com | www.abibitumi.com
Room 115 IAS Kwame Nkrumah Complex
University of Ghana - Legon
Alternate Email: obkambon@staff.ug.edu.gh



Ọbádélé Kambon App



Abibitumi.com App

Agya Yaw

QuoteObadele Kambon;226696 wrote: @Agya Yaw, that's boxing. Anane (2000:319) has ɔhwɛfoɔ and ɔsɛntwamufoɔ. Ɔpatafoɔ could also work as the referee for akuturukubɔ 'boxing'

Sent from my Uhuru Note using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app
Kose, read the dictionary wrong.
                            Attached files  

Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé

Number two translates to somebody who has the power to oversee a sport like football or boxing.

Sent from my Uhuru Note using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app
__________

Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD
Nana Kwame Pɛbi Date I, Ban mu Kyidɔmhene, Akuapem Mampɔn
Senior Research Fellow & Research Coordinator - Language, Literature and Drama Section
Institute of Kmtyw Studies - College of Humanities
Editor-in-Chief - Ghana Journal of Linguistics
Secretary (2015-2020) - Kmtyw Studies Association of Kmt
+233249195150 / +19192836824 | me@obadelekambon.com
www.obadelekambon.com | www.abibitumi.com
Room 115 IAS Kwame Nkrumah Complex
University of Ghana - Legon
Alternate Email: obkambon@staff.ug.edu.gh



Ọbádélé Kambon App



Abibitumi.com App

Cosmos Manu


Csalaam

QuoteAgya Yaw;226697 wrote: Kose, read the dictionary wrong.
saa firi nsɛmfua nwoma bɛn?
Mfomso kyerɛ nnipa nyansa, nti nea ɔse ɔmfomm da no, ahwere adeɛ.

Agya Yaw

QuoteCsalaam;227552 wrote: saa firi nsɛmfua nwoma bɛn?
Advanced Akan Dictionary by J.O. Anane (2000). I should have mentioned this dictionary when we spoke. I will email it to you.

Csalaam

aahh mate. Menim saa nsɛmfua nwoma. Da ase
Mfomso kyerɛ nnipa nyansa, nti nea ɔse ɔmfomm da no, ahwere adeɛ.

Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé

QuoteAgya Yaw;226697 wrote: Kose, read the dictionary wrong.
Also note that it's kosɛ not kose. That one is more like fried bean fritters.

Sent from my Uhuru Note using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app
__________

Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD
Nana Kwame Pɛbi Date I, Ban mu Kyidɔmhene, Akuapem Mampɔn
Senior Research Fellow & Research Coordinator - Language, Literature and Drama Section
Institute of Kmtyw Studies - College of Humanities
Editor-in-Chief - Ghana Journal of Linguistics
Secretary (2015-2020) - Kmtyw Studies Association of Kmt
+233249195150 / +19192836824 | me@obadelekambon.com
www.obadelekambon.com | www.abibitumi.com
Room 115 IAS Kwame Nkrumah Complex
University of Ghana - Legon
Alternate Email: obkambon@staff.ug.edu.gh



Ọbádélé Kambon App



Abibitumi.com App

Agya Yaw

QuoteCsalaam;227556 wrote: aahh mate. Menim saa nsɛmfua nwoma. Da ase
It's funny, I just realized I interrupted nsɛmfua nwoma as dictionary the first time I read it in your first post. Then word book the second time in your second post. I don't know what that means for me but I thought that was interesting.

Agya Yaw

QuoteObadele Kambon;227560 wrote: Also note that it's kosɛ not kose. That one is more like fried bean fritters.

Sent from my Uhuru Note using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app
That's more of a keyboard issue. But I got it wrong nonetheless. I should have gone back and corrected it.

Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé

QuoteAgya Yaw;227562 wrote: That's more of a keyboard issue. But I got it wrong nonetheless. I should have gone back and corrected it.
Wonim nko ara deɛ a, ɛyɛ.

Sent from my GHANA-MADE RLG Uhuru Note BrilliantPhone using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app
__________

Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD
Nana Kwame Pɛbi Date I, Ban mu Kyidɔmhene, Akuapem Mampɔn
Senior Research Fellow & Research Coordinator - Language, Literature and Drama Section
Institute of Kmtyw Studies - College of Humanities
Editor-in-Chief - Ghana Journal of Linguistics
Secretary (2015-2020) - Kmtyw Studies Association of Kmt
+233249195150 / +19192836824 | me@obadelekambon.com
www.obadelekambon.com | www.abibitumi.com
Room 115 IAS Kwame Nkrumah Complex
University of Ghana - Legon
Alternate Email: obkambon@staff.ug.edu.gh



Ọbádélé Kambon App



Abibitumi.com App