AI forum assist Search, summarize, and draft without leaving the discussion.

Nkyerɛaseɛ-gctid221206

Started by Agya Yaw, Feb 11, 2017, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agya Yaw

Mepa wo kyɛw kyerɛ osuo rebɛtɔ aseɛ. Meda ase.

I think the book I have might be wrong in translation.
 @Obadele Kambon

Sent from my LG-K428 using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app

Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé

QuoteAgya Yaw;221206 wrote: Mepa wo kyɛw kyerɛ osuo rebɛtɔ aseɛ. Meda ase.

I think the book I have might be wrong in translation.
 @Obadele Kambon

Sent from my LG-K428 using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app
Rain finta fall.

Sent from my Uhuru Note using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app
__________

Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD
Nana Kwame Pɛbi Date I, Ban mu Kyidɔmhene, Akuapem Mampɔn
Senior Research Fellow & Research Coordinator - Language, Literature and Drama Section
Institute of Kmtyw Studies - College of Humanities
Editor-in-Chief - Ghana Journal of Linguistics
Secretary (2015-2020) - Kmtyw Studies Association of Kmt
+233249195150 / +19192836824 | me@obadelekambon.com
www.obadelekambon.com | www.abibitumi.com
Room 115 IAS Kwame Nkrumah Complex
University of Ghana - Legon
Alternate Email: obkambon@staff.ug.edu.gh



Ọbádélé Kambon App



Abibitumi.com App

Agya Yaw

Is that an idiom in a way? Or in this context does the verb tɔ mean something else?

Sent from my LG-K428 using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app

Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé

QuoteAgya Yaw;221228 wrote: Is that an idiom in a way? Or in this context does the verb tɔ mean something else?

Sent from my LG-K428 using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app
No, it's to fall. In english, one says it rains without specifying what the "it" is. In Twi rain is what falls so one simply says rain fell, rain is falling, rain finta fall, kwk.
__________

Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD
Nana Kwame Pɛbi Date I, Ban mu Kyidɔmhene, Akuapem Mampɔn
Senior Research Fellow & Research Coordinator - Language, Literature and Drama Section
Institute of Kmtyw Studies - College of Humanities
Editor-in-Chief - Ghana Journal of Linguistics
Secretary (2015-2020) - Kmtyw Studies Association of Kmt
+233249195150 / +19192836824 | me@obadelekambon.com
www.obadelekambon.com | www.abibitumi.com
Room 115 IAS Kwame Nkrumah Complex
University of Ghana - Legon
Alternate Email: obkambon@staff.ug.edu.gh



Ọbádélé Kambon App



Abibitumi.com App