AI forum assist Search, summarize, and draft without leaving the discussion.

Images of Senegal and The Gambia, July 2007-gctid26153

Started by Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé, Jul 13, 2007, 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé

Check the link for Images of Senegal and The Gambia that I took from July 3-July 9 2007 as the Wolof Language Consultant and Lead Wolof Language Instructor to Dr. Elaine Mosley's Roots Journey to Senegal, The Gambia and Paris. Enjoy and be sure to post your comments at the end of the thread or about specific pictures to let me know what you think of them.
__________

Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD
Nana Kwame Pɛbi Date I, Ban mu Kyidɔmhene, Akuapem Mampɔn
Senior Research Fellow & Research Coordinator - Language, Literature and Drama Section
Institute of Kmtyw Studies - College of Humanities
Editor-in-Chief - Ghana Journal of Linguistics
Secretary (2015-2020) - Kmtyw Studies Association of Kmt
+233249195150 / +19192836824 | me@obadelekambon.com
www.obadelekambon.com | www.abibitumi.com
Room 115 IAS Kwame Nkrumah Complex
University of Ghana - Legon
Alternate Email: obkambon@staff.ug.edu.gh



Ọbádélé Kambon App



Abibitumi.com App

Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé

__________

Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD
Nana Kwame Pɛbi Date I, Ban mu Kyidɔmhene, Akuapem Mampɔn
Senior Research Fellow & Research Coordinator - Language, Literature and Drama Section
Institute of Kmtyw Studies - College of Humanities
Editor-in-Chief - Ghana Journal of Linguistics
Secretary (2015-2020) - Kmtyw Studies Association of Kmt
+233249195150 / +19192836824 | me@obadelekambon.com
www.obadelekambon.com | www.abibitumi.com
Room 115 IAS Kwame Nkrumah Complex
University of Ghana - Legon
Alternate Email: obkambon@staff.ug.edu.gh



Ọbádélé Kambon App



Abibitumi.com App

Ìyá Omítádé Ifátóósín

Wonderful photos!!! That certainly seems like a great trip. Keep up the dedication to our traditions.

Ìyá Omitadé Ifátosin

Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé

Quotechief priestess wrote: Wonderful photos!!! That certainly seems like a great trip. Keep up the dedication to our traditions.

Ìyá Omitadé Ifátosin
E sé o!

It was an experience I will always remember and which I will share through the new Wolof language classes. BlackSolutely!

Obadele
__________

Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD
Nana Kwame Pɛbi Date I, Ban mu Kyidɔmhene, Akuapem Mampɔn
Senior Research Fellow & Research Coordinator - Language, Literature and Drama Section
Institute of Kmtyw Studies - College of Humanities
Editor-in-Chief - Ghana Journal of Linguistics
Secretary (2015-2020) - Kmtyw Studies Association of Kmt
+233249195150 / +19192836824 | me@obadelekambon.com
www.obadelekambon.com | www.abibitumi.com
Room 115 IAS Kwame Nkrumah Complex
University of Ghana - Legon
Alternate Email: obkambon@staff.ug.edu.gh



Ọbádélé Kambon App



Abibitumi.com App

GoddessofLight

Quote[ch390 wrote: kyeame Kwame]

Your images are beautiful.  Were you able to get any information on the uses of the plants you photographed??? The demostration of athletic ability reminds me of some of the paintings of warriors from Kemet...now I will have to go and photograph in both places to show the comparison...inspiring work here brother...

Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé

I wasn't able to find out their uses, they just caught my eye as the group was passing by them. We did, however learn of the tree that's used for the famous incense Cooraay, that the Wolof are known for.

Yes, these were the Fula acrobats. I'm sure many comparisons are there ready to be drawn.

I appreciate it as I seek to inspire. I'm no pro but I like to try to bring a piece of Kmt back with me to share wherever I go. Stay BlackNificent!
/me
__________

Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD
Nana Kwame Pɛbi Date I, Ban mu Kyidɔmhene, Akuapem Mampɔn
Senior Research Fellow & Research Coordinator - Language, Literature and Drama Section
Institute of Kmtyw Studies - College of Humanities
Editor-in-Chief - Ghana Journal of Linguistics
Secretary (2015-2020) - Kmtyw Studies Association of Kmt
+233249195150 / +19192836824 | me@obadelekambon.com
www.obadelekambon.com | www.abibitumi.com
Room 115 IAS Kwame Nkrumah Complex
University of Ghana - Legon
Alternate Email: obkambon@staff.ug.edu.gh



Ọbádélé Kambon App



Abibitumi.com App

alvasakima


Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé

__________

Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD
Nana Kwame Pɛbi Date I, Ban mu Kyidɔmhene, Akuapem Mampɔn
Senior Research Fellow & Research Coordinator - Language, Literature and Drama Section
Institute of Kmtyw Studies - College of Humanities
Editor-in-Chief - Ghana Journal of Linguistics
Secretary (2015-2020) - Kmtyw Studies Association of Kmt
+233249195150 / +19192836824 | me@obadelekambon.com
www.obadelekambon.com | www.abibitumi.com
Room 115 IAS Kwame Nkrumah Complex
University of Ghana - Legon
Alternate Email: obkambon@staff.ug.edu.gh



Ọbádélé Kambon App



Abibitumi.com App