AI forum assist Search, summarize, and draft without leaving the discussion.

Ghana trip helped me a lot - Serena-gctid28981

Started by Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé, Jun 26, 2008, 04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé

Ghana trip helped me a lot - Serena
 Sports News of Sunday, 28 January 2007
 
 
 
Finally, after years of ambiguity and doubt, Serena Williams scored an amazing emotional victory to win the Australian Open, obliterating Maria Sharapova 6-1 6-2.
 
 Her show of determination, power and passion that eclipsed anything the former world No 1 had previously achieved. Her performance proved that she still remains potentially one of the most formidable force in women's tennis.
 
 Persistent wrist problems prevented Serena's sister, Venus, from playing in Australia, but a trip to Ghana in November revitalised Serena. "I saw things there that my ancestors had been through and it couldn't be worse than that," she said. "I thought about that and I think it helped me a lot."
 
 This was the most emphatic Australian Open victory since Steffi Graf humbled Arantxa Sanchez Vicario 6-0 6-2 in 1994. Williams savoured the moment after being written off as a no-hoper. "I had so many critics," she said. "So many people saying negative things and maintaining I was not fit. I just wanted to show them."

 
 Sports News of Sunday, 28 January 2007
__________

Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD
Nana Kwame Pɛbi Date I, Ban mu Kyidɔmhene, Akuapem Mampɔn
Senior Research Fellow & Research Coordinator - Language, Literature and Drama Section
Institute of Kmtyw Studies - College of Humanities
Editor-in-Chief - Ghana Journal of Linguistics
Secretary (2015-2020) - Kmtyw Studies Association of Kmt
+233249195150 / +19192836824 | me@obadelekambon.com
www.obadelekambon.com | www.abibitumi.com
Room 115 IAS Kwame Nkrumah Complex
University of Ghana - Legon
Alternate Email: obkambon@staff.ug.edu.gh



Ọbádélé Kambon App



Abibitumi.com App