Communiversity

Open Forum => Open Forum => : Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé Jul 13, 2007, 10:08 p

: Images of Senegal and The Gambia, July 2007-gctid26153
: Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé Jul 13, 2007, 10:08 p
Check the link for Images of Senegal and The Gambia that I took from July 3-July 9 2007 as the Wolof Language Consultant and Lead Wolof Language Instructor to Dr. Elaine Mosley's Roots Journey to Senegal, The Gambia and Paris. Enjoy and be sure to post your comments at the end of the thread or about specific pictures to let me know what you think of them.
: Images of Senegal and The Gambia, July 2007-gctid26155
: Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé Jul 13, 2007, 06:44 p
Abibitumi Kasa Kmtyw Liberation Institute Network - PhotoPlog - Senegambia (http://www.abibitumikasa.com/forums/photoplog/index.php?c=5)(https://staging.abibitumikasa.com/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abibitumikasa.com%2FAworan%2Fmain.php%3Fg2_view%3Dcore.DownloadItem%26g2_itemId%3D5716%26g2_serialNumber%3D1&hash=c5082a839a75cca044eca79d627c9ad04999900a)
: Images of Senegal and The Gambia, July 2007-gctid26322
: Ìyá Omítádé Ifátóósín Jul 15, 2007, 03:07 p
Wonderful photos!!! That certainly seems like a great trip. Keep up the dedication to our traditions.

Ìyá Omitadé Ifátosin
: Images of Senegal and The Gambia, July 2007-gctid26323
: Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé Jul 19, 2007, 03:15 p
chief priestess wrote: Wonderful photos!!! That certainly seems like a great trip. Keep up the dedication to our traditions.

Ìyá Omitadé Ifátosin
E sé o!

It was an experience I will always remember and which I will share through the new Wolof language classes. BlackSolutely!

Obadele
: Images of Senegal and The Gambia, July 2007-gctid26324
: GoddessofLight Jul 28, 2007, 10:18 p
[ch390 wrote: kyeame Kwame]
(https://staging.abibitumikasa.com/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abibitumikasa.com%2FAworan%2Fmain.php%3Fg2_view%3Dcore.DownloadItem%26g2_itemId%3D4774%26g2_serialNumber%3D1&hash=9bbecfe7143ec34587c4b3c21ba6fc6289bc25dc)
Your images are beautiful.  Were you able to get any information on the uses of the plants you photographed??? The demostration of athletic ability reminds me of some of the paintings of warriors from Kemet...now I will have to go and photograph in both places to show the comparison...inspiring work here brother...
: Images of Senegal and The Gambia, July 2007-gctid26325
: Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé Jul 28, 2007, 10:30 p
I wasn't able to find out their uses, they just caught my eye as the group was passing by them. We did, however learn of the tree that's used for the famous incense Cooraay, that the Wolof are known for.

Yes, these were the Fula acrobats. I'm sure many comparisons are there ready to be drawn.

I appreciate it as I seek to inspire. I'm no pro but I like to try to bring a piece of Kmt back with me to share wherever I go. Stay BlackNificent!
/me
: Images of Senegal and The Gambia, July 2007-gctid31637
: alvasakima Nov 15, 2008, 05:01 p
What happened to all the images?
: Images of Senegal and The Gambia, July 2007-gctid31648
: Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé Nov 16, 2008, 11:03 p
alvasakima;31637 wrote: What happened to all the images?
In the link on the first post: Abibitumi Kasa Kmtyw Liberation Institutes and Community Networks - PhotoPlog - Senegambia (http://www.abibitumikasa.com/forums/photoplog/index.php?c=5)