Communiversity

Afrikan Language Institute => Akan (Twi) Language Resources => : dariaj Apr 25, 2014, 03:51 p

: Hello All-gctid112381
: dariaj Apr 25, 2014, 03:51 p
I'm relatively new to the forum and wanted to put in my two cents. I'm studying Akan Twi and am always on the look out for immersion resources.  If you see a good movie on youtube in Twi or  you can recommend a popular radio station I can focus my mobile apps on during the day, please pass it on!

In the meantime, I've been using ianki.com to create flashcards for memorizing vocabulary and phrases.  Once you create the cards, iankia uses algorithms to remind you when to study which cards.  It's all free and available as an app for your mobile device as well as your pc.  The best tip I can offer is that you use little or no English on your cards. On one side of my card I have a Twi word or phrase and the phonic writing of it, then the other side has some kind of mnemonic image that helps me to sound out the word and/or remember the meaning by recognition rather than translation. So, as I become more proficient in Twi I'll be thinking in Twi not translating everything in my head from Twi to English and back to Twi.  How is that for dewhitenization?!
: Hello All-gctid112422
: Agya Yaw Apr 25, 2014, 11:14 p
@dariaj  You might find some of the flashcards in this same forum this post appears useful as well. We have several of them.
: Hello All-gctid112456
: Adwenpadae Apr 25, 2014, 10:12 p
@dariaj I am also studying Twi. Right now I am in the introductory phase. I'm available for practice also, but I have to wait til next week to tell you if it'll be all day or just mornings, but I will let you know if you're interested. I do the same thing except in my thoughts as I go throughout the day.
: Hello All-gctid212520
: Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé Dec 16, 2016, 08:59 p
http://www.abibitumikasa.com/akan.php (http://www.abibitumikasa.com/akan.php)
We use Skype and google hangouts these days.

Sent from my GHANA-MADE RLG Uhuru Accu BrilliantPhone using the NEW Abibitumi Kasa mobile app