Communiversity

Afrikan Liberation Institute => Dr. Kamau Kambon: Afrikan Liberation Philosophy => : Kamau Kambon Apr 18, 2009, 10:39 p

: Do Your Children Know About Me? Hubert Henry Harrison-gctid34385
: Kamau Kambon Apr 18, 2009, 10:39 p
Somewhere in the past, while browsing
in a place I can't even remember,
 I came across a little book on this
little Black GENIUS:
(https://staging.abibitumikasa.com/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ftbn0.google.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AH_CICbP_e7FetM%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.infidelguy.com%2Fincludes%2FFCKeditor%2Fupload%2FImage%2Fhubert_henry_harrison.jpg&hash=386296ab243cf79a04c12e173a876a9bdd97686e) (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.infidelguy.com/includes/FCKeditor/upload/Image/hubert_henry_harrison.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.infidelguy.com/article75.html&usg=__sl1cM3JlNq76W3iL-Mu5Je5_URA=&h=240&w=158&sz=16&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=H_CICbP_e7FetM:&tbnh=110&tbnw=72&prev=/images%3Fq%3DHENRY%2BHUBURT%2BHARRISON%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26um%3D1)
 
FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON, THIS BROTHER
HAS BEEN ON MY MIND- I LOOKED FOR
THE BOOK I HAD ON HIM, BUT COULDN'T
FIND IT- I KNOW IT'S IN THE BOOKCASE,
JUST GOTTA FOCUS ON FINDING IT~
    SINCE HE HAS BEEN ON MY MIND,
   WANTED TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU:

Hubert Henry Harrison
INTELLECTUAL GIANT AND FREE-LANCE EDUCATOR (1883-1927) THAT INDIVIDUALS of genuine worth and immense potentialities who dedicate their lives to the advancement of their fellow men are permitted to pass unrecognized and un-rewarded from the scene, while others, inferior to them in ability and altruism, receive acclaim, wealth, and distinction, is common--yet it never ceases to shock all but the confirmed cynic. Those with a sense of right and wrong, of fitness and incongruity--whether they are wise men or fools--will forever feel that this ought not to be.
But why are so many who we feel really ought to be up, down; and why are so many who certainly ought to be down, up?
Hubert Henry Harrison is the case in point. Harrison was not only perhaps the foremost Afro-American intellect of his time, but one of America's greatest minds. No one worked more seriously and indefatigably to enlighten his fellow men; none of the Afro-American leaders of his time had a saner and more effective program-but others, unquestionably his inferiors, received the recognition that was his due. Even today only a very small proportion of the Negro intelligentsia has ever heard of him.

 read more about this BlackNificent Man:
   http://www.marcusgarvey.com/wmview.php?ArtID=511 (http://www.marcusgarvey.com/wmview.php?ArtID=511)

Assignment:
 When you do Libation say,
  I know a vast majority of our
   people have forgotten you and
   your work, BUT I REMEMBER
    YOU, BABA!!
      "AND I'M GONNA TELL OUR
      CHILDREN ABOUT YOU- YOU
   WON'T BE FORGOTTON, EVER"!!
 THANK YOU, BABA~