(https://staging.abibitumikasa.com/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.cdn.turner.com%2Fcnn%2FSPECIALS%2F2008%2Fblack.in.america%2Fimages%2Fheader1b.jpg&hash=fa966c6512ddb197d7ab8b39f4538f2e9a956192) (http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2008/black.in.america/)
(https://staging.abibitumikasa.com/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.l.cnn.net%2Fcnn%2Fimages%2F1.gif&hash=e78b5c46423c0852f60cd99e8d2a9b9fded838d5)
Did you know that companies in the US have said they would hire a white man with a felony record and no high school education BEFORE they would hire a black man with NO criminal record and a 4-year degree?
On Monday July 23 at 9pm and Tuesday July 24 at 9pm, CNN will premier a series, 'Black in America with Soledad O'Brien' and I personally challenge you to watch it WITH your children, especially your sons, if you have any, uninterrupted. The aforementioned statistic and many others will be revealed during the series.
I had the privilege of meeting with Soledad O'Brien and actually SEEING this premier on Monday, and what I saw brought tears to my eyes and anguish, frustration, and a sense of helplessness to my soul.
On Monday the series will focus on Women and Families and Tuesday is dedicated entirely to the plight of the Black Man in America .
Watch and internalize what you see and hear; no matter HOW disturbing the information revealed...you can (and will) thank me later.
Feel free to pass this email on or go here for more information: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2008/black.in.america/ (http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2008/black.in.america/)
(https://staging.abibitumikasa.com/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.cdn.turner.com%2Fcnn%2F.element%2Fimg%2F2.0%2Fglobal%2Fnav%2Ffooter%2Fcorner_footer_tl.gif&hash=2412e3b3278fd0731a75cdf22dd8d3979d142f6d)
This will be a interesting series...I'm not all that trusting of anything CNN says as most of what they report on = :toilet:
I saw an article (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/05/16/white.valedictorian/index.html) as a part of this series on the first yt male valedictorian at Morehouse and have since regarded everything related to this series with a skeptical side eye. :azn:
It's like...who is this series really for?
What is it trying to accomplish?
And what would it say that we don't already know?