Communiversity

Afrikan Language Institute => Akan (Twi) Language Resources => : Agya Yaw Feb 11, 2017, 03:46 p

: Nkyerɛaseɛ-gctid221206
: Agya Yaw Feb 11, 2017, 03:46 p
Mepa wo kyɛw kyerɛ osuo rebɛtɔ aseɛ. Meda ase.

I think the book I have might be wrong in translation.
 @Obadele Kambon

Sent from my LG-K428 using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=88213)
: Nkyerɛaseɛ-gctid221221
: Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé Feb 11, 2017, 10:44 p
Agya Yaw;221206 wrote: Mepa wo kyɛw kyerɛ osuo rebɛtɔ aseɛ. Meda ase.

I think the book I have might be wrong in translation.
 @Obadele Kambon

Sent from my LG-K428 using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=88213)
Rain finta fall.

Sent from my Uhuru Note using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=88213)
: Nkyerɛaseɛ-gctid221228
: Agya Yaw Feb 11, 2017, 11:15 p
Is that an idiom in a way? Or in this context does the verb tɔ mean something else?

Sent from my LG-K428 using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=88213)
: Nkyerɛaseɛ-gctid221236
: Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé Feb 12, 2017, 05:48 p
Agya Yaw;221228 wrote: Is that an idiom in a way? Or in this context does the verb tɔ mean something else?

Sent from my LG-K428 using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=88213)
No, it's to fall. In english, one says it rains without specifying what the "it" is. In Twi rain is what falls so one simply says rain fell, rain is falling, rain finta fall, kwk.