Communiversity

Afrikan Language Institute => Akan (Twi) Language Resources => : Kwadwo Tòkunbọ̀ Dec 07, 2015, 02:25 p

: Twi app-gctid169329
: Kwadwo Tòkunbọ̀ Dec 07, 2015, 02:25 p
I downloaded this app to use while I am mobile.  I find it very useful for learning my tones.  Hope it is helpful..

http://www.nkyea.com/ (http://www.nkyea.com/)
: Twi app-gctid169334
: Tenkamenin Dec 07, 2015, 04:36 p
I have the apple app and yes it's very helpful, however they mix Asante and Akuapem words which can be confusing.
: Twi app-gctid169418
: Kwadwo Tòkunbọ̀ Dec 07, 2015, 10:13 p
Meda ase for this feedback.  I will be aware of this.
: Twi app-gctid198861
: Mr Sparkle Sep 01, 2016, 09:25 p
The Apple app is pretty good.. Just wish that they would expand the content and remove a few errors

There is also a new English to Twi dictionary app for android phones... This is also a helpful resource

However, with Obadele's knowledge of Twi, I have always wondered why he never released his own language app?

It would really help Ghanaians in the diaspora..
: Twi app-gctid212521
: Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé Dec 16, 2016, 09:02 p
I had to hack this app to make it child friendly by taking out the pictures of the white so-called people and churches.

Sent from my GHANA-MADE RLG Uhuru Accu BrilliantPhone using the NEW Abibitumi Kasa mobile app
: Twi app-gctid212561
: AsafoKwame Dec 17, 2016, 03:12 p
I have this app also on desktop and found it useful. The on demand audio is great. Many images are disappointing. I would like a list of maybe 600 to 2000 of most frequently used words in all of our languages. It would be nice to include this in an app.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=88213)
: Twi app-gctid212594
: Ɔbenfo Ọbádélé Dec 17, 2016, 11:55 p
AsafoKwame;212561 wrote: I have this app also on desktop and found it useful. The on demand audio is great. Many images are disappointing. I would like a list of maybe 600 to 2000 of most frequently used words in all of our languages. It would be nice to include this in an app.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=88213)
@AsafoKwame, I can link you to the reKmtywized and dewhitenized hack of this that I did. I took out all white images and replaced them with Ama, Kala and what I could find on the Internet at the time. I also replaced the church images with images of traditional shrines. Look up the comparative Kmtyw word list from SIL. That's what is being used these days in place of older tools like the Swadesh list.

Sent from my Uhuru Accu using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=88213)
: Twi app-gctid212768
: AsafoKwame Dec 18, 2016, 09:12 p
Obadele Kambon;212594 wrote: @AsafoKwame, I can link you to the reKmtywized and dewhitenized hack of this that I did. I took out all white images and replaced them with Ama, Kala and what I could find on the Internet at the time. I also replaced the church images with images of traditional shrines. Look up the comparative Kmtyw word list from SIL. That's what is being used these days in place of older tools like the Swadesh list.

Sent from my Uhuru Accu using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=88213)
Medase.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=88213)